Our Story

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Readers, New Week

I'm so excited to have new people visiting our blog from Green Smoothie Girl's WELCOME. You are all so encouraging and there's a new level of accountability knowing so many are following along with us! Thanks for all the extra excitement you've given us!!

Last week we tackled eliminating caffeine and adding green smoothies. This week were excited to start granola, with live enzymes, and kefir. We picked these two for a few reasons the first being sugar. We are trying to cut out all refined sugar which eliminated most breakfasts we have. Second we need something to get Olivia(the one which digestive problems) system going if you know what I mean:) And third we wanted to use kefir with all of it's probiotics to try to get the sickness out of our home.

I just made a double batch of granola, which by the way is delicious!! I have kefir started on top of my fridge, we are using organic unsweetened coconut milk so Zac(who is allergic to dairy, anaphylactic style) can try to eat it.(fingers crossed) So I'll see in a day or two if I was successful with the kefir.

3 comments:

  1. Well I'm impressed! I've wanted to make kefir but am always hesitant to try it ~ probably just the fear of never doing it before. I should just get over it and do it! Keep us updated on how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am very excited for you and your family. I follow Robyn's Green Smoothie blog and have for about a year now. My family (3 young boys and Dad) and I have been dringking green smoothies ever since! I started the actual program 12 steps to whole foods just recently. It's exciting to see the Green Smoothie Girl Make overs. Your family is beautiful and I wish you all the very best on your new journey.
    Here is my blog, http://www.nutritionbynature.blogspot.com/ if you would like to take a look at some of the things my family and I have delt with in regards to health and nutrition. Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! I was wondering if you knew about water kefir. It's also a fabulous source of probiotics but doesn't contain any dairy, it feeds on sugar. You make a sugar solution and put the kefir grains in it and let it ferment. Maybe that's something you could try with Zac.

    ReplyDelete