Our Story

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Green Smoothie Recipe

So like Robyn says there is no wrong way to make a green smoothie. This is how I've been making them.

I fill my blendtec with water to the 2 cup line and 1/3 cup of agave
Then I load it with spinich, collard greens, a celery stalk
I blend the greens and keep adding it until the 5 cup line (mostly spinich since it has a more mild taste)
then I add an apple, an orange (peeled), banana, and 1/4 of a lemon (peel on) and blend that
then I add frozen berries till there isn't anymore room in the blender and let it blend for awhile just to make sure it's there's not chunks.

And that's it. Today I had some mango so I threw that in really it's just whatever fruit you have in your house. I'm loving my green smoothies.

UPDATE: The caffiene withdrawls are so much less severe then they have been in the past when I've tried to kick the habit. There is no doubt in my mind it's because I've been feeding my body so many nutrients that's it's been lacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment