Our Story

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2 steps forward, 1 step back

Well I'll start with the good news we have been caffeine free for a week tomorrow and we have been drinking green smoothies for that long also. All of the caffeine withdrawls are gone, and we are noticing improvements with our green smoothies. Nate just said to me yesterday that he feels like he can think more clearly this week. I've been able to sleep deeper and I think in general were just happy about making progress.

Our weigh in stats:(keep in mind all we have done is cut out pop and added green smoothies)

Nate last week weighed: 203.2
this week... 200.2
3lbs down!!
1.25 inches lost

Samantha last week weighed: 172
this week... 170.2
1.8 down
Do I dare even post this .25 inches lost:( Thanks to mother nature's most important monthly gift that arrived over the weekend I'm totally bloated. TMI? Sorry if it is.

On the bad news end, I tore my meniscus and have to have surgery on Tuesday to repair my knee. I don't know exactly how I tore it. I did break my femur as a child and as a result I have one leg 1 1/2 inches longer than the other which has taken a toll on my joints especially my ankles, knees, hips, and back. The recovery could be anywhere from a week to 4 weeks depending on what they see when they get in there. Luckily Nate is able to take FMLA and has enough vacation to help me through most of this.

Can I brag about my hubby for a minute? Thanks. He has been making the green smoothies for our family for the last 4 days! A small gesture but it has made my days run smoother. And it's nice to have a supportive husband who I know will take good care of me, the kids, and our home while I'm recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment