Our Story

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Making Salad the Star

Some really exciting stuff is happening in our family, all four of my kids are drinking there green smoothies daily, they are snacking on fruit and some veggies all day, and everyone of them ate salad last night at dinner even Zac!! When I say they all ate salad I mean one that was full of veggies it was the biggest thing on there plate by far and my older two asked for seconds. I can honestly say that it was one of the cheapest dinner's I have ever made for my family.

Salad being the star of our dinner will now be the new norm along with what we're already doing, we have kefir growing, green smoothies, granola, sprouts, no caffiene, milk or pork. And the next step I'd really like to take is making our own sour dough breads to get all the yeast out of our systems.

I can't believe how energy I have especially in the morning, so that's when I try to get the bulk of everything done. I get really tired around 4 pm on since Zac still doesn't sleep. For example last night I fell asleep around 10 Zac woke up at 12, then at 1, I couldn't fall asleep again until 3 because my knees, hips, and back were hurting so badly, then Nate's alarm went off at 4:15 which woke Zac up and he didn't fall back asleep until almost 6 and Gavin woke up for the day at 6:45. That's a fairly typical night for us. But with all that said I can't believe how alert and awake I feel thru the better part of the day, WITH NO CAFFIENE!! It just goes to show how much energy you can have when your feeding your body greens, live enzymes, and other wholesome foods.

1 comment:

  1. I was doing some research and ran into your blog. I am a Mom of a now 10 year old boy that lives with eosiniphilic esophagitis. He was diagnosed at 11 months of age, has never been on a feeding tube, and has been on a roller coaster with this disease. If you have not already found apfed (american partnership for eosinophilic disorders) I would highly recommend it and especially the education conference that they put on every year. Finding this organization saved our sanity and our lives. My child also did not sleep....it was so difficult in the early years...I also feel the Neocate formula and the EO28 Splash has been a miracle for us. check out www.apfed.org if you havn't found them already. Goodluck to you and your beautiful family. Jen

    ReplyDelete